Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday chuckle

Since it’s Friday, here’s something to giggle about at the end of the week. Two jokes from the latest National Secular Society news-line:


“A priest got stopped by the traffic cops after swerving all over the road. After spotting an empty bottle on the passenger seat, the policeman says: “Have you been drinking?”
“Only water,” the priest replies.
“Are you sure?” he says. “I can smell wine off your breath.”
The priest looks down at the bottle and says: “Good Lord! He’s done it again!”

On a similar note, what about the wee Irish fella desperately trying to find a parking space just before a meeting? Looking towards Heaven, he says: “Lord, take pity on me. If you find me a parking place, I’ll go to mass every Sunday for the rest of my life and I’ll give up the Guinness, the gambling and chasing loose women.” Miraculously, a space appears.
The wee guy looks up again and says: “Never mind, I found one.”


Of course, there’s lot’s more to read in the latest bulletin, not all of it so light. Why not subscribe by emailing the subject line "subscribe" (in a black email) to: enquiries [AT] secularism [DOT] org [DOT] uk.

1 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger thephoenixanddragon said...

very funny jokes!!! Brought a much needed smile to my face

 

Post a Comment

<< Home